To get create a good MP3 file it’s necessary to have a good source of lossless audio file such FLAC, APE, WV, but also you need to know the process and related tools.
- Download, install and Setup CUETools (if you don’t know how, please click the following links: Step 1 & Step 2)
- As an example of lossless audio source here we have a single-file FLAC Album image plus Cue-sheet file and
- Run CUETools, then in Audio Output section tick Lossy and click down-arrow to select MP3. As encoding method hydrogenaud.io recommends use VBR V0 or CBR 320. So first we will use VBR V0 and for this click down-arrow and choose VBR (libmp3lame) and slide the level to V0.
- Now Drag and drop the Cue Sheet file exactly as shown and hit GO.
- Hit Ok in this window.
- Wait until the process ends.
- As you can see it has created a New folder
- Containing the single-file FLAC album image splitted and convert into MP3 VBR V0 tracks.
- Now if you want use CBR 320 as encoding method click down-arrow and choose CBR (libmp3lame) and slide the level to 320 and hit GO.