Rachel Podger & Christopher Glynn – Beethoven Sonatas for Violin and Piano Op.12 No.1, Op.24 & Op.96 (2022) [Hi-Res SACD Rip]
SACD-ISO / DSD / 1bit / 2.8224MHz
DSF-Tracks / DSD / 1bit / 2.8224MHz
FLAC Tracks / 24bit / 88.2kHz
Stereo & Multichannel | Digital Booklet
Total Size: 3.17 GB (ISO) + 9.45 GB (DSF) + 3.71 GB (FLAC) | 3% RAR Recovery
Label: Channel Classics | EU | Cat#: CCS SA 44222 | Genre: Classical
Rachel Podger, “the unsurpassed British glory of the baroque violin” (The Times), and Grammy award-winning pianist Christopher Glynn have recorded Beethoven’s Sonatas for Violin and Piano Op. 12 (No.1), Op 24 & Op. 96. The album will be released on March 25, 2022.
Following the Mozart/Jones Sonatas Fragment Completions album released in 2021, this Beethoven recording marks Podger & Glynn’s second release. It is also Rachel Podger’s 28th album for Channel Classics Records, produced by Royal Academy of Music Principal Professor Jonathan Freeman-Attwood and recorded by Jared Sacks.
Reading about Ludwig van Beethoven as a performer usually brings up the inevitable stories about his characteristic and idiosyncratic piano playing in Vienna. But delving further into his early years in Bonn, we read that, as a musician at the court of the Archbishop-Elector of Cologne, he was active as both organist and viola player. And when he left for Vienna in 1792 he was advised to take violin lessons with Ignaz Schuppanzigh. Beethoven’s profound understanding of both the violin and the piano, and ability to combine them with astonishing invention and originality, is heard in ten sonatas. Three of which are performed on this new album; Op. 12 (No. 1), Op. 24 & Op. 96. ― www.channelclassics.com
01. Sonata No.1 In D Major, Op.12: I. Allegro Con Brio – 07:58
02. Sonata No.1 In D Major, Op.12: II. Tema Con Variazioni – Andante Con Moto – 06:22
03. Sonata No.1 In D Major, Op.12: III. Rondo – Allegro – 04:30
04. Sonata In F Major, Op.24: I. Allegro – 08:55
05. Sonata In F Major, Op.24: II. Adagio Molto Espressivo – 05:20
06. Sonata In F Major, Op.24: III. Scherzo – Allegro Molto – 01:16
07. Sonata In F Major, Op.24: IV. Rondo – Allegro Ma Non Troppo – 06:16
08. Sonata In G Major, Op.96: I. Allegro Moderato – 10:06
09. Sonata In G Major, Op.96: II. Adagio Espressivo – 05:38
10. Sonata In G Major, Op.96: III. Scherzo – Allegro – 01:51
11. Sonata In G Major, Op.96: IV. Poco Allegretto – 08:12
If you encounter broken links or other problem about this publication, please let me know and write your comment below. I will reply and fix as soon as possible.