Currently there are many devices with playback support to lossless files format and 24bit lossless particularly FLAC files. Now however if you want to playback all lossless files format further 24bit Hi-Res Lossless in your PC we have a freeware tool available on Windows OS.
Foobar2000 is a freeware audio player very useful for this purpose. Please follow these steps:
1. Installing Foobar2000
- Download Foobar2000 from the official site and install.
- Choose Standard installation (If you want have it like a portable tool choose “Portable Installation”)
- Choose Full
- Finish and run Foobar2000
- Will appear a windows pop-up to appearance setup. choose any appearance you like.
2. Installing Enconders
- If you want to use Foobar2000 like a converter tool and convert to all type lossless format or even to lossy format download the Encoder Pack and install.
- Choose ALL
3. Installing Components
- We recommend download these three components:
File Integrity Verifier
Monkey’s Audio Decoder 2.1.9
- Now Install. Open Foobar2000 Go to File > Preferences
- On the left side Prefences Windows choose Components and click Install button
- Search components downloaded and open each one them
- Then click Apply button
- Applying these changes requires foobar2000 to be restarted. Continued? OK
- Now Check if components are installed. Go to File > Preferences – Components
4. Using Foobar2000 And Components
- Open Lossless files with Foobar2000 and playback
- Verifying files integrity. Select all tracks and right click > Utilities > Verify Integrity
- Checking Dynamic Range for Album. Select all tracks and right click > Dynamic Range Meter
- Foobar2000 playback FLAC lossless files
- Foobar2000 playback APE (Monkey’s Audio) lossless files
- Foobar2000 playback Wavpack lossless (WV) files
- Foobar2000 playback 24bit 96kHz (also… 88.2kHz, 192kHz…) Hi-Res lossless files
- Even Multichannel Hi-Res